funsec mailing list archives

Re: An OCR plug-in for Spamassassin

From: James Kehl <shykta () dione ids pl>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:04:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Dude VanWinkle wrote:

Now if we had this kind of OCR power, we wouldn't have any problems..

http://www.physorg.com/news64477275.html

<on the new SETI optical light commmunications detection telescope>
The telescope's custom image processors will handle the equivalent of
all books in print every second.

But can it do the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs?

Seriously, Mr United Press forgot to ask what it would be doing to every
book in print within a second (>/dev/null), or what format the books would
be in first (my guess is ASCII - after all, they don't print books in
languages other than English :P)

(oh, and, African or European Swallow?)