funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: funsec Digest, Vol 8, Issue 100

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:42:33 -0500

On 4/27/06, Dan Renner <dan () losangelescomputerhelp com> wrote:
Try to install either one on a Win2K machine with IE removed (using
IEradicator, etc.) - you can't do it. They both depend on IE code to
run. (So does QuickBooks - I love that one.)

Is IE not still integrated into the OS? Quicken is also probably
dependant. I love it too, makes for a fast, integrated browser.

As for elaborating on the use (or dependance) of IE code in any manor as
being vulnerable, how did you end up on this list? :-)

Everyone always loves to eat the biggest fish, but I always find the
line too long for my taste.