funsec mailing list archives

RE: Caps off to ya'

From: Larry Seltzer <Larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 09:49:30 -0400

In the 25 years that we've had the PC keyboard nobody has ever used the
SysRq key and the Scroll Lock has only ever been used by mistake, and
yet they pick on Caps Lock?

Certainly it's too prominent. On my own Thinkpad that I'm typing on now
Caps Lock is actually oversized, yet Num Lock, a much more useful key,
is some obscure combination involving the Fn key. Perhaps we should be
speaking in terms of "keyboard reform" rather than banning a useful key
for being abused.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/