funsec mailing list archives

Re: Finn Takes Gold at Mobe Throwing Contest

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:00:24 +0100 (BST)

We used to have hard disk hurling contests. You throw them like a discus,
not a javelin.

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Dude VanWinkle wrote:

http://www.informationweek.com/management/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=192300497&subSection=Global

This year's gold medal went to Finland's Lassi Etelatalo, who flung a
scrapped Nokia unit a forceful 89.00 metres. "I prepared by javelin
throwing, I haven't really practised throwing mobile phones,"
Etelatalo told Reuters.