funsec mailing list archives

Re: write viruses? it's controversy time of the month

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:05:51 -0400

On 8/29/06, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:
On 8/29/06, <...> <massimo () grandmedia si> wrote:
> depends on how much you trust someone will be able to disassemble/modify it
> and re-deploy it without those restrictions...
> but of course guns makers cannot be held responsible for shootings....

So, what antivirus was last used to prevent a crime or save a life?

Surely you can do better than making a *seemingly* ignorant comment to
stir the pot - or is the virus thread that boring?

FYI:

Sometimes people will reserve the last line of an email to express a
humorous or entertaining thought. This should not be taken as a
literal argument, but rather as an attempt to bring a smile to the
readers lips. Rather than concentrate your ire and inability to refute
the other statements in the email at this one sentence, instead accept
it for what it is: a little bit of humor in an otherwise technical
discussion; and I reiterate, try instead to refute the main points
contained therein rather than kill the part that could make you smile.

BTW: If someone has the ability to RCE yer virus, they probably could
write their own that would function just fine.

-JP--> JK!