funsec mailing list archives

with all the talk of throwing them out...

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 08:23:17 -0500

I again have to ask, who are you going to put in? Did you think it was
a "Republican" thing? Like they're the only party that can and do
produce slime balls...err, politicians.

http://www.eagleforum.org/psr/1999/may99/psrmay99.html

Not only does President Clinton not feel any shame about his
impeachment (as he told Dan Rather), Clinton now feels stronger than
ever, able to override the U.S. Constitution and ignore Congress. He
has been exercising extraordinary new powers -- never asserted by any
prior President -- both through Executive Orders (EO) and abuse of his
title of Commander in Chief. Rep. Jack Metcalf (R-WA) says that
Clinton has "made himself a super-legislator by issuing executive
orders that require the appropriation of funds."

Clinton's good friend and defender of Oval Office misbehavior, Paul
Begala, put it like this: "Stroke of the pen. Law of the land. Kinda
cool." No, it isn't cool; it's hot with disdain for the constitutional
rules that "all" legislative powers belong to Congress and that "all
bills for raising revenues shall originate in the House." James
Madison called the accumulation of executive and legislative powers in
the same branch "the very definition of tyranny."

Clinton will be President for another year and a half. By what the
press has variously called a "blizzard" or a "blitz" of Executive
Orders, Clinton has grabbed new powers for the executive branch, made
broad public policy changes, spent non-appropriated taxpayers' money,
and even tried to restructure our governmental system. Clinton's
Executive Orders are in awesome tandem with his other power grabs
through phony "peacekeeping" expeditions, unauthorized bombing of four
sovereign countries, plans to create a "Homelands Defense Command" to
use the Army for domestic law enforcement, monitoring of our bank
accounts, and databasing of our health records.