funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] California Tracked Protesters in the Name of Security

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 08:28:35 -0500

On 7/2/06, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:
They should all be tried for treason. I cant believe they would hamper
our efforts to protect the citizens of this once fine country.

-JP

Since you don't want to take the responsibility of protecting
yourself, who do you want to protect you? Regardless of their means,
that is what the government thinks its doing. Had the populace shown
any ability to accept the responsibility themselves, to prefer liberty
over safety, perhaps we wouldn't have these discussions.

The government will go as far as it is allowed - that is the nature of
the beast.