funsec mailing list archives

Re: write viruses? it's controversy time of the month

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:45:11 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Dude VanWinkle wrote:

On 8/30/06, Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com> wrote:
Drsolly wrote:
Uh - no. That's not being a good guy. Being a good guy, means you deleted
all copies of the virus.

Speaking of which, do you want Consumer Reports to delete their 5500
"viruses", or do you want them to submit them to AV to see if they are
really viral?

rhetorical question alert!!

since most viruses are met with applications that analyze them (99%)
the addition of 5.5k would only help the analysis or prove 99% of the
company is useless ;-)

Sorry, I don't think I speak the same language you do - could you reword
that for me, please?