funsec mailing list archives

Re: Firefox Security Update: Fixed in Firefox 1.5.0.7

From: Jordan Wiens <numatrix () ufl edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:12:05 -0400

Fergie wrote:
Via Mozilla.org.

[snip]

Fixed in Firefox 1.5.0.7
MFSA 2006-64 Crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:1.8.0.7)
MFSA 2006-62 Popup-blocker cross-site scripting (XSS)
MFSA 2006-61 Frame spoofing using document.open()
MFSA 2006-60 RSA Signature Forgery
MFSA 2006-59 Concurrency-related vulnerability
MFSA 2006-58 Auto-Update compromise through DNS and SSL spoofing
MFSA 2006-57 JavaScript Regular Expression Heap Corruption

[snip]

See:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html#firefox1.5.0.7

- ferg

The signature forgery looks like fun. Too bad the bug details in bugzilla are protected still, I'm curious about their exact fix. It's not like the vulnerability isn't explained in detail in some of the other links anyway. Anybody know the official mozilla policy on secret bugs? I would have assumed they'd open up the bugs once the patched version was released.

--
Jordan Wiens, CISSP
UF Network Security Engineer