funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] privacy Digest, Vol 4, Issue 8

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 02:23:39 GMT

I agree with punishment (corporal, even), but to blame the media
for reporting it is another thing entirely.

Sure, they have a tendency to sensationalize & even editorialize
at times, but that is something that YOU, as an intelligent and
informed reader, must parse for yourself.

Don't blame the messenger.

And perhaps stronger regulations may lead to better protections
of sensitive personal data -- but be careful what you wish for.

- ferg

-- "Randall M" <randallm () fidmail com> wrote:

[snip]

Is it me or does anyone else living in this world today not notice the
MEDIA
attacking us with FEAR! Melting down our sense of stability.

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg(at)netzero.net