funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Media feeds fear

From: Randy Mueller <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 10:28:42 -0500

Fergie wrote:

I agree with punishment (corporal, even), but to blame the media
for reporting it is another thing entirely.

Sure, they have a tendency to sensationalize & even editorialize
at times, but that is something that YOU, as an intelligent and
informed reader, must parse for yourself.

Don't blame the messenger.

And perhaps stronger regulations may lead to better protections
of sensitive personal data -- but be careful what you wish for.

- ferg

-- "Randall M" <randallm () fidmail com> wrote:

[snip]

Is it me or does anyone else living in this world today not notice the
MEDIA
attacking us with FEAR! Melting down our sense of stability.

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
fergdawg(at)netzero.net

Ferg,
I might throw in here that my initial email had two thoughts. One was
the cure needed to stop this never ending data loss and breaches. The
other was an after thought of this and how news is presented today.
Hence, I used FEAR and MEDIA together.

American news is all Hollywood. Its driven by MONEY. It uses fear to
drive it. This can be easily proved. I am not blaming the media for
reporting it. But on how they are reporting this and other news in the
modern sensational way. Where did Walter Cronkite go!!!

Link:
http://www.colorado.edu/communication/meta-discourses/Theory/cultivation.htm