funsec mailing list archives

Re: RE: A phish I don't understand.

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 17:40:10 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Juha-Matti Laurio wrote:

Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrotei:

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Alex Eckelberry wrote:

What does the html source say?

That's the whole point - there wasn't any.

I have a .fi e-mail address, no bank accounts outside Finland ;-) and
just received this same message with exactly same .PNG picture. Maybe
they are targeting users reading warnings at bank pages very carefully.
Many warnings say Do not click links received by e-mail, type the
address to address bar or use bookmark feature etc. There are a lot of
silly users...

Yes, but what I'm wondering is, how can it work? If you type in the
address in the PNG, you get to the genuine site. Don't you?