funsec mailing list archives

Re: Consumer Reports Slammed for Creating 'Test' Viruses

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:47:53 -0400

On 8/17/06, Blanchard_Michael () emc com <Blanchard_Michael () emc com> wrote:
 Great!  Just what we friggin need.... 5500 MORE virus variants....  "controlled lab environment" my shiney white
ass....  Arrrggghhhh!!!

Am i missing something? Did the viruses get out in the wild?

Anyways, it seems like the way talked about on the sunbelt blog seemed better:

Take an AV product that is 3 months out of date, then throw recently
discovered viruses at it.

 WTF are they thinking?  I think they must have taken their stupid pills that morning....

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580