funsec mailing list archives

Re: Revenge of the Nerds

From: "Nervox Nervox" <nervox.nosecurity () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 22:48:31 +0200

On 11/6/06, Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk> wrote:
Drsolly wrote:

> > AV researchers have been getting such "abuse" from virus writers almost
> > since there were "AV researchers"...
>
> Right - some weasel put my phone number into a virus, that was 16 years
> ago.

Oh my god you are old :D

The most well-known one targetting me contains the author message:

   Nick "The Love Monkey" Virus Package by ALT-F4 and ALT-F11 for the
   Alternative Virus Mafia

and sends Email mesages from victim machines to what was my address as
thaVirus Bulletin editor that say:

   Dear Nicky... my name is <<Application.UserName>> and I want to make
   hot monkey love with you. You anti-virus stud!

These Emails were sent by Outlook via automation (a forerunner to
Melissa) and as the default in Outlook is save a copy of all messages,
I also got quite a few "I have no idea who/how that message was
sent..." Emails.

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald

You're old too but not as much as Drsolly :D .
Waw that makes me feel young, 16 years ago i didn;t have a computer
and was tooooo young to even know how to use it.

Kudos for you who annoyed all virus writers so much they had to attack
you like that.

Best Nervox