funsec mailing list archives

MS 0day

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 09:06:24 -0500

http://secunia.com/advisories/22687/
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/927892.mspx
Microsoft is investigating public reports of a vulnerability in the
XMLHTTP 4.0 ActiveX Control, part of Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0
on Windows. We are aware of limited attacks that are attempting to use
the reported vulnerability.

Customers who are running Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003
Service Pack 1 in their default configurations, with the Enhanced
Security Configuration turned on, are not affected. Customers would
need to visit an attacker's Web site to be at risk. We will continue
to investigate these public reports.