funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Josh Wolf Update: Journalist Loses Request for Rehearing

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:27:14 +0000 (GMT)

Answered in email, to avoid other list members having to read another
tedious set of rants.

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

On 11/17/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

That said, any number of European countries would probably answer your
question.

We'll see.

We don't get boastful about our freedom like Americans do, so we'll
probably leave answering your question to other Americans.

That's funny/sad on two fronts:

The rest of the world has gotten so used to Americans bashing America
they're now willing to let them do their dirty work.

Defending your country now means you're being boastful. Perhaps your
boasting too much about the oral hygiene of the English, eh?

The second front is a little suspicious because it seems like the real
truth is more likely to be that you don't actually have an argument
for saying the US' freedom of the press is slipping and therefore
prefer to leave it us to bicker the validity of some BS,
not-so-credible "study".