funsec mailing list archives

Re: Taking Pictures is Terrorism... [WaS: Re: FW: Windows Live an d Privacy]

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 00:02:15 -0600

On 12/4/06, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
>News to me and I'm pretty sure not exactly true either, especially in
>this instance. In the US (at least) I am free to take a photograph
>from a public place of virtually anything (so long as I'm not peeping
>through your windows). If not, the tabloids would go out of business.
>Having seen many European rags - or pictures from those in Europe -
>with the same content I have to believe the laws are very similar if
>not the same.

That is not exactly true, especially with all of the paranoid
terrorism lunatics running amok. I _know_ that there have been
several instances of this [see link], but this is the only one
I can find off-hand:

While that's pretty sad, it doesn't make my comments untrue. That's an
obvious over-reaction to odd - but not illegal - actions.