funsec mailing list archives

RE: Earthquake in Asia, Spam Plummets

From: "Barry Greene \(bgreene\)" <bgreene () cisco com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:46:54 -0800

I'm just not seeing the data to support this assertion. In fact, my work in the region points to Asian on Asian
cybercrime (Phishing, DOS/extortion, SPAM, etc.) - especially within language/Internet boundaries as the big problem.

I think the real problem is the "security media" does not speak/read Chinese, Korean, Malay/Bahasia, Japanese - so they
are not seeing what is really happening.