funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canadian revolution

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:47:12 -0500

On 10/25/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:18:30 CDT, Brian Loe said:

> congregations that do a LOT of good around the world. How you can
> compare modern Christian religions to the wackos in the middle east is
> beyond me..

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that if anything, a greater percentage
of Christians in North America are further around the bend than the Muslims
in the middle east.  Where did "Intelligent Design in schools" and "defense
of marriage" stuff come from?

Yes, and the Christians in the Dover case drove car bombs into the
school... Gay marriages have been bombed out by Christians concealing
bomb vests.

And at least the middle east wackos have an excuse - they don't have a
constitution that codifies tolerance and equality.  We, however, are
actively trying to backslide on those concepts....

So their excuse is that they're 2000 years behind the rest of the world?

It was mostly religious people who created and supported our
Constitution. The reason they put so much emphasis on FREEDOM of
religion is because they had just broken away from England where there
wasn't any, and the people had a tendency to kill you based on your
religion. The religious folk who came here simply wanted to be left
alone to do their thing - and they've done so, for the most part,
since.