funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canadian revolution

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:16:51 -0500 (CDT)

BRIAN, you saw my email earlier. I expect you to shut up now.

        Gadi.

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

On 10/25/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

Yes, and the Christians in the Dover case drove car bombs into the
school... Gay marriages have been bombed out by Christians concealing
bomb vests.

Not in those cases. But they did in these:

And that's not the only murder associated with abortion clinics.

That's a lame comparison.
So their excuse is that they're 2000 years behind the rest of the world?

It was mostly religious people who created and supported our
Constitution.

Actually, it was mostly atheists, although in those days (just as now) it
was hard for a politician to admit that he didn't have an imaginary
friend.

ACTUALLY, it was mostly deists - so far as the "bigger" players are
concerned. Jefferson, for instance, was a Christian...who worked on
re-writing the bible in his spare time.

You're meaning 1776. Actually, at that time in England, we only had one
restriction on freedom of religion, and that was on the religion of the
king. Everyone else could be whatever they liked, and that was true since
(mostly) Cromwell and (entirely) the Bill of Rights, 1689.

"There wasn't any historically..." Better? Ask the Quakers...

and the people had a tendency to kill you based on your
religion.

No, we worked out that this wsn't a good idea in the 1600s.

Right...in England proper perhaps, but I'm old enough to remember
Ireland - hell, my kids are old enough.