funsec mailing list archives

Re: Botnet Herders Face Jailtime

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:45:39 -0500

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 13:59:22 +0100, Julio Canto said:
1.5 million computer BotNet? That's a big fat one. As far as I remember
, in the begining of 2006 I read something about the mean stimated size
were of about 40.000. One million and a half sounds like a too big
monster to 'produce' only 60.000 euros in 6 months.

I strongly suspect the *actual* take is a lot bigger than 60K Euros, but
that the LEOs haven't been able to track down the rest of it yet....