funsec mailing list archives

RE: Vigilante Hacker's Evidence Puts Judge Behind Bars

From: "Larry Seltzer" <Larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 06:24:32 -0500

Some juries are really credulous, especially when presented with crimes
they figure have to be punished somehow.

Putting aside the fact that you're the one inserting the word
"multiple," since we don't know how many CD's there really were from the
article, who says the hacktivist burned them? Perhaps he just mixed
images in with the defendant's pictures of his own grandchildren, which
he then burned.

Based on the very little we know from this article it does look like
he's guilty. I'm challenging the whole idea of relying on evidence
obtained this way.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/