funsec mailing list archives

Re: Delicious Irony of the Day: BillOReilly.com DDoS'd

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:08:30 -0600

On 3/10/07, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

And how many different versions of the story went by, including the server
being hacked into, and DDoS'ed off the net?  So I simply reserve judgment
that it was in fact a DDoS and not a publicity stunt, until I've caught up
on the news.

I wouldn't expect to hear any news on this, election cycle over, story
played out...

The number of convicted monopolists in the software industry is pretty
low, so I'd expect that you should be able to figure out "What monopoly?"
by yourself.  And convicted of it in an *AMERICAN* court, no less.

There's a teacher looking at 40 years in the big house, she was
convicted in an American court too. What's your point?

> What's wrong with capitalism

Nothing's wrong with capitalism, *when it works*.  The problems start when
it gets unbalanced and a monopoly forms, and capitalism ceases to work.

How has it ceased to work? I, for one, just changed jobs for an 18%
pay raise - life is GOOD!! Unemployment is at a record low... I mean,
how good does it have to get for you to realize how good it is?

The monopoly in question finally shipped DST patches in the last few
weeks.  *MY* vendor shipped their fix back in September.

Of 2005.

The BUSINESS in question is probably a little bigger than your
vendor... BIG things tend to move more slowly.

>                              - other than its American and you hate America?

I hate America the exact same way the Indian in the 'Keep America Beautiful'
ads hated nature, for essentially the same reasons.

The difference is, the Indian was trying to sell you on ways to
improve nature. You're just ripping America at every opportunity, on
an international stage.

I'm not sure I could find a post where you had something good to say
about your country. I'm not sure I can find a post where you said
something good about anything, for that matter.