funsec mailing list archives

Re: I think that more of my state tax dollars need to goto security

From: Ken Dyke <kdyke () keycomputerconsultants com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:14:13 -0600

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 11:11:07AM -0400, Young, Keith (Keith.Young () montgomerycountymd gov) wrote:
D) Change the mindset/policies of the government agency to run it like a
for-profit business.

A very bad idea.
--
Ken Dyke,
406.581.0495

"Linux can win as long as services/protocols are commodities.  By folding
extended functionality into today's commodity services and creating new
protocols, we raise the bar and change the rules of the game."
       -- from an internal Microsoft memo