funsec mailing list archives

Re: Where's Waldo? (challenge)

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 15:23:29 -0400

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 14:32:35 EDT, sam stover said:

But again, this is dependent upon some degree of trust, unlike the
kidnapper scenario.  But based on the "Where's Waldo"ishness of the
thread, I figure my answer works among friends.

Right.  The problem as stated was finding a method that works between
non-friends as well. It's *easy* for me to scribble something on a piece of
paper, seal it in an envelope, and *say* "There's where Waldo is" (which is
what encrypting the answer basically is).  Consider me singularly unimpressed,
as any good amateur magician knows how to get the *real* answer into the
envelope during the time between when the answer becomes known and when the
envelope is opened :)