funsec mailing list archives

Re: Where's Waldo? (challenge)

From: sam stover <sam.stover () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 09:33:42 -0400

der Mouse wrote:
All the "solutions" I've seen don't prove anything to anyone until
after the "proof" recipient has found Waldo - this may have been
acceptable by the intent of the original author of the problem, but
it's sure not how I read the wording.

So, we need to come up with a way to present information to the
competition that proves (when read), that we know the answer, without
giving away the answer?

It doesn't necessarily need to be just a one-way transfer of a single
blob of information; it could be interactive (as most - all? -
zero-knowledge proofs are).

Yeah - I should have written "(when presented)" instead of "(when
read)".  Multiple presentations possible/probable.

--
S.f.Stover
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x15FFC42A