funsec mailing list archives

Re: Where's Waldo? (challenge)

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:29:53 -0500

On 6/6/07, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

> Okay, nevermind, I give up. I thought this had something to do with
> anything and was wrong.
>
> I will go on record as saying I believe it to be impossble to do
> because short of showing your opponent where Waldo is there's no way
> of him KNOWING you know where Waldo is.

what if you had a picture taken while holding both a cut-out of Waldo,
and today's paper in addition to the ransom note demanding 12 million
dollars for Waldo's safe return?

Waldo is easy to find in several places, how does your friend know
that the Waldo you cut out is from the same picture he's been given?

I have kids, I've played this game with them (where I or they had to
prove they found him). Its impossible without giving it away and tell
them where Waldo is OR giving them the information needed to verify
you knew AFTER they have either found him themselves or given up (and
I don't let my kids give up).