funsec mailing list archives

RE: RE: funsec Office 2007 has 0 security issues

From: "Larry Seltzer" <Larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:45:32 -0400

If they'll go to the effort of saving an encrypted .zip file, then
opening it with the provided password, they'll open a .doc file.

I'm actually not convinced that the encrypted zip file technique was
ever very successful. There's no way to prove it was. All those worms
sent out in this way were also sent out in unencrypted form.

I've asked the malware companies about this over the years and never got
an answer, and I think it's because they don't know, and they can't
know.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/