funsec mailing list archives

Re: I get it now! Subject: Re: Terror Web 2.0?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:41:56 -0400

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 19:22:48 CDT, ge () linuxbox org said:

We should call botnets terrorism. Why convince people there is a problem
if they are already scared of that one?

People are already beginning to get tired of politicians playing the
terrorism trump card, particularly as expressed in the TSA thugs and
the NSA data hoovers.  Two years from now, you may be unable to get a
rise out of people by labelling it terrorism.

Remember, even 17 month old kids with sippy cups are terrorism.

And if you call botnets terrorism, how the f**k am I supposed to call
Web 2.0 terrorism? :)