funsec mailing list archives

Re: Bad (Insecure) Business Decisons [Was: Re: IPv6, C&C (not bot nets, coffe and cats)]

From: "B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong () pobox com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 15:35:21 -0400

I think what disturbs me most about this is that we were having this
exact same discussion in 1999 and we're almost a decade out PAST 9-11
and they're still not fixed.

On 6/29/07, Dave Paris <dparis () w3works com> wrote:
It's not the meter reading portion of the links that scare me as much as
remote access to substations, grid interconnect points, etc.  I've seen
systems as Ferg describes below and utterly simplistic dial-in,
unauthenticated systems... no dialback, zippo.  Utterly insane.

Best~
-dsp

--
B.K. DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong () pobox com

http://www.wkdelong.org                    Son.
http://www.ianetsec.com                    Work.
http://www.bostonredcross.org             Volunteer.
http://www.carolingia.eastkingdom.org   Service.
http://bkdelong.livejournal.com             Play.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org