funsec mailing list archives

RE: couldn't resist sharing

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:22:20 +0100

Feel free to forward my last off-list e-mail to the list, in
response to this, if you like, David.

I'll forward the bit that doesn't relate to an issue personal to me, by all
means.

"What most of the pundits are going on about is the following:

-The fact that virtually all of the crew went along with the Iranian's bully
plan - with photos of them smiling even. This is, of course, something very
subjective. Not knowing how things were actually being conducted behind the
scenes it should be very hard for anyone not there to pass judgement.

-The fact that the commander of the captured crew said his first thought was
that everyone needed to get home. This isn't regarded as a positive thought
for a soldier to have.

-The fact that no one fought the Iranians, even though the Iranians were, in
fact, committing an act of war and there was a battleship within range.

-The fact that they were letting the soldiers sell their story.

-The fact that the sailors were selling their stories.

-The fact that they flip-flopped on letting the sailors tell their story.

Whats the issue with those points - reading what I could from your own press
it seemed like we were in agreement. Further, when it comes to our being
allies - who better, ever? It seems as though we even did something that we
NEVER do and gave in to some of the Iranian demands in support of your
government's strategy!!!"

To which I'm only going to say:
* I'm not responsible for the idiocy of your government or mine
* ditto your press and mine

--
David Harley BA CISSP
Security Author/Editor/Consultant, Antivirus Researcher