funsec mailing list archives

Re: Quote of the Day: Bruce Schneier

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 11:41:53 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 17 May 2007 12:56:29 -0500
From:                   Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com>

b) We insist on exporting our lifestyle and culture.

How is this accomplished - I hear it stated a lot but no one ever
explains how we're doing it.

It's a key ingredient in the "secret sauce" in Big Macs.  It's shipped in specially
sealed 45 gallon (not 300 litre) drums.  Actually, it's a binary chemical, combining
with another ingredient in Coke.  Distribution is handled by Walmart.  You can
read all about it on CNN.

(I'd explain Akerlof, Gresham, and the math behind the fact that even when the
odds are even the house always wins, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for the
resulting cranial explosion ...)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Don't make predictions about computing that can be checked in
your lifetime.                            - Daniel Delbert McCracken
Dictionary of Information Security  www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=4150
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm