funsec mailing list archives

RE: Quote of the Day: Bruce Schneier

From: "Lawson, Joseph" <jsl () pqa com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 15:20:42 -0400

Money talks but goods are not our primary export.  Entertainment is.
Further, we export the WWE more than anything else.  Just think, the
beacon of American culture is the WWE?  It is easy to blame Hollywood
for our problems but just as Schneier points out, the television is the
primary storyteller these days, even in some impoverished countries.  If
our primary export is a fictitious representation of our society, then
people start believing it.  Just another angle.

-Joe