funsec mailing list archives

RE: Study finds left-wing brain, right-wing brain

From: Charles PICKENS <charles.pickens () itergy com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:14:38 -0400

I have yet to contribute anything to this mailing list (and I doubt I will now), but I'm bored stupid(er) today so what
the hell;

At no point could any "snapshot" of social congnitive fucntion actually "prove" anything at all, anymore than a single
line of code could explain a complex program or a single frame of a film convey the meaning behind the story.

This study, for what it has accomplished, shows only one thing: You can get a grant to study the composition of
amorphous botch if you wrote it up properly and submitted it to a moron. Speaking of meaningless statements (questions
in this case):

Is welfare good or bad?
Are taxes good or bad?

Brian, you should be ashamed of thowing out such simplistic troll-bait. Get thee to thy glass teat and partake in the
fullness of the O'Wryly and learn at the feet of the master (...take the pebble from my hand, Grasshopper)