funsec mailing list archives

Re: old news - but not here

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 23:41:39 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

On 9/11/07, Andy Sutton <newslists () pessimists net> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 22:09 +0100, Drsolly wrote:
Did I read someplace that in some parts of America, wearing your
trousers low isn't allowed?

That article could have been penned about a lot of countries, US not the
least of which.  Isn't treating citizens like stupid monkeys that need
to be trained how to live "correctly" the entire purpose of Gov't?  :)
--
- Andy

So, you will all defend the Iranian government... interesting, to say the least.

No, this isn't anything like the US - there's not even a comparison.

Wow! You're so used to your own puritanical system that you can't even see
the many ways your government restricts your freedoms in the name od
"decency".

I'm encouraged that you can see how the Iranians have a similar
puritanical ideal; it means that maybe you'll be able, by mediating
carefully, be able to see the same things operating in the USA.