funsec mailing list archives

Re: A great idea!

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 19:16:01 -0500 (CDT)

Okay, please move on.

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

On 9/11/07, rms () computerbytesman com <rms () computerbytesman com> wrote:

Soldiers wish politicians would embed with them

Staff Sgt. Harry Thomas Morgan, on his third tour of duty, says, "It is my
personal belief that if you are in a leadership position from senator to
president, you should have to come here and live with the soldiers on the
ground, not necessarily in the 'Green Zone' where we have the most luxuries.

Yes, excellent idea. Doing the opposite of insuring the President's
life in a time of crisis has to be the best idea I've heard yet. Then
again, I am a much bigger fan of Cheney than Bush, so the idea has
merit.

"America needs to see what we see through the eyes of the soldier."

And by "America" that must mean just our politicians? The politicians
have toured the area and, amazingly, come back with the exact same
opinions they had when they left. They're politicians, after all.