funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Quote of the Day: Steven Aftergood

From: "Dennis Henderson" <hendomatic () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 22:32:22 -0500

On 9/26/07, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:

On 9/26/07, Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:

"This would turn Patrick Henry's revolutionary slogan 'Give me liberty
or
give me death!' upside down into a pusillanimous 'Take my liberties but
don't hurt me!' After years of fear-mongering by government officials,
this
may turn out to be an accurate reflection of American character today."

- - Steven Aftergood, writing on Secrecy News (from the Federation of
American Scientists Project on Government Secrecy).

http://www.fas.org/blog/secrecy/2007/09/in_print_enemies_of_intelligen.html

- - ferg

WHAT?! I say again, how is this new news? Its been this way since
Reagan and was ESPECIALLY true with Bush 1 and Clinton!!!

Hello - "WAR ON DRUGS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!