funsec mailing list archives

Re: GSS warns that hackers can now destroy hardware

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:27:03 -0500

On 9/28/07, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

I'm still unclear - was that video just a rigged demo, or fabricated out of
the same whole cloth that Iranian WMD were?

It was described as an actual lab setup complete with someone
"hacking" the system and causing the damage. Around where I work, I'm
told this is not difficult to do - basically you could simply take
over on of the controller's windows boxen and destroy it the same as
he (the controller) would if he were negligent.

As for Iranian WMD, are you confusing Iran with Iraq?