funsec mailing list archives

Re: GSS warns that hackers can now destroy hardware

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:46:45 -0400

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:27:03 CDT, Brian Loe said:

It was described as an actual lab setup complete with someone
"hacking" the system and causing the damage.

So a rigged demo. :)

                                               Around where I work, I'm
told this is not difficult to do - basically you could simply take
over on of the controller's windows boxen and destroy it the same as
he (the controller) would if he were negligent.

And how much is the average controller paid?  Sounds like "human error" would
be a bigger concern if you have low-pay low-motivation people watching it.

As for Iranian WMD, are you confusing Iran with Iraq?

If it's good enough for the Prez, it's good enough for me. :)