funsec mailing list archives

Re: Dot-Name Becomes Cybercrime Haven

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents montreal qc ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:37:34 -0400 (EDT)

The company that controls the .name registry is charging for access
to domain registration information,

Oh joy.  Okay, .name is now TLD non grata as far as I'm concerned.  My
house nameserver now considers itself authoritative for .name and has
no data for anything under it, so all .name domains should be rejected
as invalid - which is exactly what they are, as far as I'm concerned.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse () rodents montreal qc ca