funsec mailing list archives

Re: Very scary.....

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:48:56 -0400

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:38:22 CDT, Andy Sutton said:
On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 15:19 -0400, rms () computerbytesman com wrote:
One of the worst government welfare programs around is allowing folks
to deduct their mortgage interest and property taxes from their
federal tax returns.  Another bad program is excusing capital gain
taxes on the first $500K of profits when a married couple sells their
house.

I'd hardly call tax breaks a welfare program.  That's a drop in the
bucket in the whole 1.5 trillion budget anyway.  How about we just
spent/tax less?  I know, crazy talk.

Have we hit the half-trillion mark for Iraq yet?