funsec mailing list archives

RE: U.S. Man Accused of Plotting to Blow Up Pipelines

From: Andy Sutton <newslists () pessimists net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:31:58 -0500

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 23:06 +0300, Stephen P. Villano wrote:
The bastard is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Then I sincerely hope he's executed, if proven guilty beyond a shadow
of a resonable doubt.

I'm with you on the first part, but what's up with the second part?
From the posted article:

"faces six charges including attempting to support al Qaeda; plotting to
damage an interstate gas pipeline; distributing instructions on making
explosives over the Internet; and possession of hand grenades."

About the only truly serious thing I see there is the hand grenade part.
All the rest could easily be the ranting (or attempted scamming) from an
unemployed and broke loony with a history of issues who was dumb enough
to soliciting for money in a chatroom monitored by a vigilante.  We
don't know any of the facts, so isn't calling for death a bit much?

http://tinyurl.com/2xvs3q

Don't get me wrong.  I'm all for defending ourselves, but all this
hysteria of "terror" is really starting to make me ill.  It's almost up
there with "save the children" at this point, and will eventually bite
us in the nickers.
--
- Andy

This is not the place to ask for a scooby snack or hand holding
without getting attacked with a flamethrower.
  - Stack Smasher, Full-disclosure email list