funsec mailing list archives

Re: CIA collects intel at Internet Cafes

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:38:43 -0500

On 7/20/07, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:

> Privacy/Security - depends on who they're listening to. And if they're
> tapping transatlantic fiber...

What? No. It is a privacy issue only if they listen to YOU. It is an
espionage issue if they listen to someone else. It's legal.

I don't find myself to be all that important that I alone would
constitute a privacy issue. :) As for it being legal...that's
questionable.

>> And just to be clear, this is from a book, and must be true.
>
> Nope, not in my mind anyway.

IT'S WRITTEN DOWN, it must be true.

Okay.