funsec mailing list archives

Re: CIA collects intel at Internet Cafes

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 21:11:23 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Sean Donelan wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Gadi Evron wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Brian Loe wrote:
Just to be clear, that's not a privacy issue, that's an espionage issue. Yes?

And just to be clear, this is from a book, and must be true.

How many other forms of malware do you think are also on those Internet cafe computers sending information to how many different groups?

If you use a shared computer, you are probably sharing a lot.

Suppose someone wrote a book that said Al-Qaeda operatives had installed software on computers in Iraqi Internet cafes that collected information
from all sorts of individuals including NGO aid workers, off-duty security
workers, or even soliders from various countries that might use those computers.

Well, I am sure we can make wikipedia say that, and what's in wikipedia is always true.