funsec mailing list archives

Re: What Happened to The 56 Men Who Signed the Declarationof Independence ?

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 01:50:03 -0400

On 7/5/07, Dennis Henderson <hendomatic () gmail com> wrote:
On 7/4/07, Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:

> - -- "Dude VanWinkle" < dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:
>
> >And a big hearty thanks to you for not forgetting  to send us some
> >lies when you got bored there Fergie, or are you just trying to keep
> >us on our toes then? ;-)
>
> As a military veteran, I would never forget.
>
> I wish I could say the same for those who have never served.

Besides, snopes is pretty much nit-picking the claims. Who really gives a
crap anyway if the story is spot on...

We all know a lot of people put their lives on the line for what they
believed in. Whether you like what the result is, thats up to you.

As an American, and a Military Veteran, I am proud to have fought to
preserve what those 56 people and all the rest that they represented.

Ja, I guess "lies" wasn't the funniest of words. I am just trying
(apparently successfully to razz on Ferg, but all in good fun.

Still there are more than a few discrepancies... some of these guys
went back to the British Side (if only to escape hanging). I dont
think snopes is nitpicking, but rather being historically accurate. It
is important that we not worship the past, but rather see it for what
it is: the glorification of a bunch of honkeys beating up everyone in
sight in order to steal from each other. (It was Brit-on-Brit violence
based on a 5% tax hike on Tea or some such, in order for Brit #2 <the
americans> to eventually charge a 7% sales tax on Tea, in addition to
30% of a working mans income themselves>

-JP<who is very proud _not_ to have killed anyone for anything>

P.s: Unless you fought in WWII, you werent "preserving" anything
except the flow of spice, as I cant recall america being seriously
threatened since then>