funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] U.S. House Vote on 'Illegal Images' Sweeps in WiFi,

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:03:50 -0500

On Dec 17, 2007 10:21 AM, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:
On Dec 17, 2007 6:32 AM, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

Child sex, and sexual abuse in general, are not normal for a reason.
They don't have anything to do with a "sex" drive - to begin with.

I was just guessing on this one :-) It still confounds me why anyone
would do this, maybe being abused as a child themselves? Then you get
into the chicken-and-the-egg argument.. I just think that you have to
fight the cause, not the effect, as history has taught us.

I would prefer to fight the cause as well - if one could be found that
didn't begin and end with the perp. This type of behaviour is almost
certainly to do with brain damage (meaning chemical imbalances, etc.).
But "treatment" of this would not console me, as a parent, in the
least. Either we "fix" them permanently or "treat" them at arms
length, through rubber rooms. I would support early detection of such
problems as well, if it were possible and 100% accurate.

Anything less than 100% accuracy, however, I would be solidly against. :)

Either "fix" the issue, or what chemical castration? I guess that
wouldn't work if this wasn't a sex-drive, but a mental issue..

Which is more humane: Locking up someone forever because you cant fix
their issue, or putting them to death? I would rather be killed than
spend a lifetime in an asylum..,.

-JP