funsec mailing list archives

wow? for real?!

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:37:06 -0600

 ------------------------------
*From:* Little Green Footballs
*Posted At:* Wednesday, December 19, 2007 4:56 PM
*Posted To:* Little Green Footballs
*Conversation:* Little Green Footballs
*Subject:* Insane British Bureaucracy Story of the Day

 Not just crazy, but jaw-dropping crazy: Couple forced to take in criminal
lodger after he tells court their house is HIS home
address<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=503375&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770&ct=5&expand=true#StartComments>
.

A convicted criminal has moved in with a married couple against their wishes
after giving their address in court as his home.

Shane Sims, 19, has spent the last few days living with Brenda and Robert
Cole after he was sentenced to a week's curfew for breaching a supervision
order.

But the couple claim the first they knew about it was when Sims, a friend of
their daughter, moved in on Thursday - followed by security contractors who
put a box in a bedroom to monitor his movements with an ankle tag. Sims' tag
keeps him indoors between 7pm and 7am much to the horror of the Coles, who
both have learning difficulties.

Mrs Cole, 47, said: "It's turned our lives upside down He's taken over the
whole place. He sprawls across the sofa and he's always in the bathroom when
you need it. It's an absolute disgrace. They've let a criminal come into our
home and there is nothing we can do about it." ...

Sims appeared before magistrates last Thursday where he admitted breaching a
two-year supervision order imposed for assault. He gave the Coles' Bristol
address as his bail address but the Probation Service did not verify it.
Sims claims he was told he could stay by the Coles' 16-year-old daughter
Tanya after he fell out with his father.

He allegedly told Mrs Cole: "I'm staying here until the tag's off. There's
f**k all you can do about it. The courts have told me to."

Read more <http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=28334&only&rss>