funsec mailing list archives

Re: wow? for real?!

From: scott <redhowlingwolves () bellsouth net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 00:02:02 -0500

I all can think is:Click;click;POW.
"I thought he was an intruder!"

Brian Loe wrote:

*From:* Little Green Footballs *Posted At:* Wednesday, December 19,
2007 4:56 PM *Posted To:* Little Green Footballs *Conversation:*
Little Green Footballs *Subject:* Insane British Bureaucracy Story
of the Day

Not just crazy, but jaw-dropping crazy: Couple forced to take in
criminal lodger after he tells court their house is HIS home
address
<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=503375&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770&ct=5&expand=true#StartComments>.

A convicted criminal has moved in with a married couple against
their wishes after giving their address in court as his home.

Shane Sims, 19, has spent the last few days living with Brenda and
Robert Cole after he was sentenced to a week's curfew for breaching
a supervision order.

But the couple claim the first they knew about it was when Sims, a
friend of their daughter, moved in on Thursday - followed by
security contractors who put a box in a bedroom to monitor his
movements with an ankle tag. Sims' tag keeps him indoors between
7pm and 7am much to the horror of the Coles, who both have learning
difficulties.

Mrs Cole, 47, said: "It's turned our lives upside down He's taken
over the whole place. He sprawls across the sofa and he's always in
the bathroom when you need it. It's an absolute disgrace. They've
let a criminal come into our home and there is nothing we can do
about it." ...

Sims appeared before magistrates last Thursday where he admitted
breaching a two-year supervision order imposed for assault. He gave
the Coles' Bristol address as his bail address but the Probation
Service did not verify it. Sims claims he was told he could stay by
the Coles' 16-year-old daughter Tanya after he fell out with his
father.

He allegedly told Mrs Cole: "I'm staying here until the tag's off.
There's f**k all you can do about it. The courts have told me to."

Read more
<http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=28334&only&rss>

- --
<b>redhowlingwolves</b>