funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] U.S. House Vote on 'Illegal Images' Sweeps in WiFi,

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 00:05:28 -0500

On Dec 17, 2007 9:26 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:26:33 CST, Brian Loe said:

The punishment should fit the crime, and about the only time - in my
mind - that state murder is deserved is in the case of murderers of
innocence.

(Time to play devil's advocate for a moment...)

Given how the general prison population usually treats child molesters
(most have to be kept in solitary for their own protection), it would seem
that a *fitting* punishment would be "life in prison, no chance of parole"
rather than letting them escape by being dead.  If the victim will be suffering
for the rest of their lives, shouldn't the perpetrator do so as well?

Playing anti-devils advocate..

It doesn't matter what makes the victim (or victim's family) feel
better. revenge is for morons. I just think that its better to end a
consciousness that you can't repair, rather than repeatedly molesting
someone who was probably repeatedly molested in order to punish them
for the fact that even douchebags can have kids...

Of course I am all for beating retards for being stupid, but you gotta
draw the line somewhere..

-JP
"9 months of pickles and ice cream in return for free baby organs to
sell on the black market.. and you get laid? Thats good ROI"
-Some really smart douchebag