funsec mailing list archives

Re: Free online courses from MIT.edu

From: "B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong () pobox com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:57:38 -0500

I was but one member of the team - but it's basically all MIT's
courses for free online. Pretty cool stuff - great for home schoolers,
inspired high schoolers, self learners etc. Only thing missing is a
lot of the readings. A HUGE component of the project was rights
management - in order to fully license everything under Creative
Commons, we had to severely limit the readings we could directly make
available and spent a lot of resources recreating photos and diagrams
from scratch.